With a scrambled Republican presidential field emerging from New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary, the wide-open race is rolling toward Florida, and voters can expect a steady drumbeat of TV ads and personal appearances from candidates looking to gain an edge.
Republican Rudy Giuliani swept through Florida on Wednesday looking to put a fourth-place showing in New Hampshire behind him. Stumping in West Palm Beach, he touted a tax-cut package and pledged to campaign hard here over the next weeks, saying Florida is "going to be, once again, the critical state."
Republican winners from the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary — former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Sen. John McCain of Arizona — are focusing on Michigan, a state with a Tuesday primary where Mitt Romney also is expected to run strong.
I'm actually surprised Giuliani isn't doing so well in the primary's. But he's really not a good candidate for President. He was one of my favorites, but now that I know more about the other candidates I think Huckabee and Romney will be good candidates.
No comments:
Post a Comment